Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hallelujah, What a Savior

It is so hard to believe it is December and time for Christmas again!
It is much harder to believe I have been home for five months now. Some days it seems like a life time, and others is seems like a few days.

I must admit that I am a sucker for Christmas. I can't wait to get the tree up and the decorations scattered each year.

As we finished hanging the lights and other assorted christmas decorations this year  I stepped back to see the final product, and a thought crossed my mind. When is the last time I stepped back and looked at my life this way?

As I fussed with a strand of lights that just wouldn't work no many how many bulbs I replaced, I compared that to me.
How often do I throw myself into one situation when there are a thousand of other strands, so to speak, working perfectly around me? How often do I get frustrated because this one part of life is hectic and blinking when I want it to be calm like everything else?

But, when I stepped back to look at those lights and also stepped back to look at my life in the same way I saw a different picture. I saw a house that really did look festive and a life that really was overflowing with blessings and love and overwhelming amounts of grace!

Hallelujah, What a Savior!

The two brightest strands of lights in my life happen to be two opposite strands.

The strand that overwhelms my heart with joy is you. Those of you who read this blog, and take the time to read what is on my heart. Those of you who I might never meet or even know your name that pray for me. Those of you who support me financially that don't even know me, yet you have enough faith in what I am doing to give or buy items. You over fill my cup with joy and gratitude! Because of you I am able to make this trip back to Uganda! I wish I could put into words the overwhelming amount of gratefulness I feel to say that!
It seems like I was saying these exact same words just a short time ago. I didn't know if I was going to make this trip financially. But, Jehovah Jireh, my provider never fails. I put this trip in his hands and waited with my mustard seed of faith. I now have a plane ticket with my name back to Uganda for January 22nd. Again, I say my cup overflows with gratitude, awe, peace, and joy. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Hallelujah, What a Savior!

Now, there is that other bright strand of lights that blink erratically. This strand of lights breaks my heart. This strand of lights begs for my fathers attention. I am sharing this strand with you because I know miracles can happen, I have seen them. Your prayers have been part of miracles that I have witnessed. So, I need your prayers pouring into the heavens again. I am asking you to pray for a very ill precious little boy. This little boy isn't sitting in Africa nor is he suffering from the things I often ask for prayer for on this blog. This precious little boy is my two year old cousin, Andrew. Andrew is fighting in Orlando, Florida right now after already having multiple emergency surgeries. My all too familiar prayer for a healing miracle is never unheard. What an amazing heart wrenching fact that is! Jesus hears all of our prayers. Will you please join me in lifting Andrew up to our father for healing?  We serve a God of peace and healing, I have seen it and I have felt it!

Hallelujah, What a Savior!
Hallelujah, What a Savior, that would love us enough to take a step back and see the big picture. A savior that would care about each one of us enough to make everything work together! While thinking of my life as Christmas lights might seen silly and trivial it spoke to my heart. Besides, can't you just imagine what a light show God might see if our lives really were illuminated in such a way?

Oh Hallelujah, What a merciful and loving Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment